The No.1 stop for any gossips and gists.We are dedicated in bringing you Latest gist, latest news and latest gossips in Nigeria and the world. We also bring you whats hot, whats trending, whats new, what people are talking abut and whats good in particular.

GOOD ONEHERE
OWKAY WE'RE HERE AGAIAN
THE END GOES HERE

Actress Hilda Dokubo's reaction to Buhari’s statement

Veteran Nollywood Actress, Hilda Dokubo, has reacted to President Muhammadu Buhari’s controversial ‘My wife belongs in the kitchen’, comment

Mrs. Dokubo in a video post on her Instagram page disagreed with the President’s comment saying she doesn’t belong to any part of her home rather she lives there.
“My name is Hilda Dokubo and I am a woman. I do not belong to the kitchen, I go to the kitchen to fix food for my family and myself. We eat there sometimes but I do not belong there. I do not belong to the bedroom either, I sleep there, it is my rest place, my things are there but I don’t belong there. I do not belong to the sitting room, it is a lounging place, I rest there, I watch television.”


Mr. Buhari’s aide, Garba Shehu, said hours after the president made the statement at a press briefing in Berlin that he was only joking.

However, the president countered the explanation by his media aide and explained his stance, saying his wife should stay out of politics.

When he was asked by German broadcaster, Deutsche Welle, to clarify his earlier comments, Mr. Buhari said, “I am sure you have a house. You know where your kitchen is. You know where your living room is. And I believe your wife looks after all that even if she’s working,” he said when the interviewer, Phil Gayle, asked him to clarify his controversial comments.

Post a Comment

[blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget